YOUR HOME FOR CINCY AREA SPORTS
REDS, BENGALS, BEARCATS, BUCKEYES, MUSKIES, AND UK WILDCATS





SWO SPORTS

THE #1 CINCY SPORTS BLOG SINCE 2009

Search This Blog

11.02.2011

Phillips And Votto Win Gold Gloves

By:  Coop


The right side of the Cincinnati Reds infield received some notice after an impressive season of defense. That is Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips.


This is Brandon's 3rd Gold Glove, and Votto's 1st.


"It's a lot of hard work," Phillips said. "It never gets too old. It just lets me know that I'm doing my job and the coaches and managers respect my defense. It's an honor for them to vote for me. It shows me that hard work does pay off, and I'm going to continue to do what I do."


A Reds first baseman had not won the award until now, the award has been around since 1957, quite an accomplishment for Votto.


"I'd like to thank the managers and coaches who selected me," Votto said in a statement. "It always means a tremendous amount to be selected by your superiors for any award, especially for one of this magnitude. I'd also like to thank the Reds' coaching staff for their help, with a special mention to bench coach Chris Speier."


Last year, Phillips, Rolen, and Arroyo won a gold glove, and once again this year, Jay Bruce is robbed of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment