YOUR HOME FOR CINCY AREA SPORTS
REDS, BENGALS, BEARCATS, BUCKEYES, MUSKIES, AND UK WILDCATS





SWO SPORTS

THE #1 CINCY SPORTS BLOG SINCE 2009

Search This Blog

8.04.2011

OSU Football Predictions 2011

By:  Coop


The defending Sugar Bowl Champions, the Ohio State Buckeyes, are the #16 team in the land in the preseason polls.  The reason is because the media thinks that without Tressel, Pryor, and guys like Cam Heyward who graduated, the Bucks will not be good.  Well, I disagree, this is how I think the season will play out:


Game 1 vs. Akron:  This looks like it will be a blowout win for the Bucks, but if Braxton Miller or Kenny Guiton gets the start, it may be a bit closer than people think, as it would be their first start, same with Joe Bauserman, but he has enough experience to not be nervous.  I think OSU will still win by a lot, 45-7.
Game 2 vs. Toledo:  This also should be a blowout win, and there will be nothing in the way of it I don't think, I'm saying the Buckeyes win it 50-10.
Game 3 @ Miami (FL):  This will be a tough game for Ohio State, a young QB in a tough environment is definitely not easy, but then again, Ohio State has a better defense than Miami, the Canes' offense is not that great, etc.  I think OSU is a better team and they will come to the Sunshine State and pick up a W, 35-21.
Game 4 vs. Colorado:  This is the first time OSU has ever played a team from the new PAC 12, duh.  Colorado is a decent team, well, not really.  Who am I kidding?  They are bad.  OSU will win it 52-10.
Game 5 vs. Michigan State:  MSU and OSU, along with Wisconsin, tied for the Big Ten Championship last season.  MSU is a very good team that I expect to be the top dog in the Legends Division.  They are talented on offense and defense.  Even though this game is at home, I think the Spartans will hand Ohio State a loss unfortunately, 21-14.
Game 6 @ Nebraska:  This is the game all the experts say will be the toughest for Ohio State, but I don't think it will.  The Huskers, don't get me wrong, they are a great team and have great fans, but Ohio State I think is a better team.  I have the Buckeyes winning it 35-28.
Game 7 @ Illinois:  I think the Fighting Illini will have a pretty good season this year, but one of their losses will be to the Buckeyes.  Illinois can play a game with just about anybody, and they always give OSU troubles it seems.  I have the Buckeyes winning it 28-17.
Game 8 vs. Wisconsin:  This is the biggest game of the year on my opinion.  Ohio State is wearing some slick, black, uniforms against the Badgers, a team that handed the Bucks their lone loss in 2010.  The Shoe will be pumped, so will the players.  This is also a night game so it makes it even better, I have Ohio State winning it 30-21.
Game 9 vs. Indiana:  The Hoosiers are not that great, really not even good, the Buckeyes are great.  Ohio State will win it 45-10.
Game 10 @ Purdue:  In 2009 the Boilermakers upset the Buckeyes in West Lafayette, this time around, I'm not seeing it.  I think that game was just a case where the Buckeyes were not taking them seriously, they will this time.  I think OSU will win it 31-7.
Game 11 vs. Penn State:  This game is at the Horseshoe for the 2ns strait year, PSU and OSU are rivals, so both teams will play hard.  I think the Buckeyes are a better team though, the Nittany Lions lost a lot of talent, I think OSU will win a close one, 24-21.
THE GAME @ the team up north's stadium:  If OSU gets banned from a bowl, who cares? This is the only game that matters, right?  I think the Buckeyes are still better than the team up north, they will win it 30-17.


Then I think the Buckeyes will eventually advanced to the Big Ten Championship game in Indianapolis and take on the Spartans, where OSU will get revenge and be crowned the Big Ten Champions.  Then go to a BCS Bowl and hopefully win it.

No comments:

Post a Comment