YOUR HOME FOR CINCY AREA SPORTS
REDS, BENGALS, BEARCATS, BUCKEYES, MUSKIES, AND UK WILDCATS





SWO SPORTS

THE #1 CINCY SPORTS BLOG SINCE 2009

Search This Blog

8.02.2011

UC Football Predictions 2011

By:  Coop


The Cincinnati Bearcats open their season in just over a month, and today, I am going to predict what I think will happen.


Game 1 vs. Austin-Peay: This should be an easy win for UC, I don't even need to say anything else. 41-10.
Game 2 @ Tennessee:  This is the game that stands out when you look at the Bearcats schedule.  I predict UC to go there and pull the upset.  I don't care that it's in Knoxville, the Bearcats will upset the Volunteers. 21-19
Game 3 vs. Akron:  This is a MAC team playing against a Big East team.  The Big East is no Big Ten or SEC, but it is still a lot better than the MAC.  UC should blow them out. 42-14
Game 4 vs. NC State:  Last season NC State beat UC.  This year at first I predicted they would again, but then I realized they do not have their star QB anymore.  So I think Cincy will win it. 30-20
Game 5 @ Miami (OH).  Even though the Redhawks are the defending MAC Champs, that doesn't mean they can beat UC.  The 'Cats thumped them last year, I don't expect it to be much different this season. 37-3.
Game 6 vs. Louisville:  This is the first of two games at Paul Brown Stadium, I expect the 'Cats to be 5-0 entering this game, and then 60,000 fans will help out some. I think the Bearcats will win 28-17.
Game 7 @ USF: This will be a tough game for the Bearcats, USF is a very talented team.  But, I think the 'Cats are better than the Bulls and will win the game 35-28.
Game 8 @ Pittsburgh: This is the game where I have the Bearcats losing their first game.  It's sad, but I think they will drop to 6-1.  Pitt is not all that great, but I unfortunately think they are better than Cincy. 28-10.
Game 9 vs. West Virginia:  I hate to say it, but they will probably lose this one too.  This game is at PBS, and the fans will be great, but WVU is just a better team. 28-21.
Game 10 @ Rutgers:  Don't worry, UC will rebound in this game and beat the Scarlet Knights 40-10.
Game 11 @ Syracuse: The Orange had a good 2010 season, they even beat UC, but this year I don't think they will be as good, and I think UC will be better.  I have the Bearcats winning it 31-13.
Game 12 vs. UConn:  UConn went to the Fiesta Bowl last year, yes they got thumped by Oklahoma, but they were still the best team in the Big East.  With some players gone and their head coach, I don't think they will be as good this year.  I have Cincy winning it 14-7.
So there you have it, 10-2.  I hope that's good enough to go to, and win, a BCS game.

No comments:

Post a Comment