YOUR HOME FOR CINCY AREA SPORTS
REDS, BENGALS, BEARCATS, BUCKEYES, MUSKIES, AND UK WILDCATS





SWO SPORTS

THE #1 CINCY SPORTS BLOG SINCE 2009

Search This Blog

2.06.2011

How Can The Bengals Play In Super Bowl XLVI?

By:  Cooper Ledford

So today is the biggest day in sports, Super Bowl Sunday, as the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers go at it, maybe some Bengals fans, like me, asked themselves "How can the Bengals make it to the Super Bowl?" Well, I think I have the answer.

It might not be Super XLVI (46), but I think they can make it to a Super Bowl in the next 5 years.  In-fact, they would be a Super Bowl Caliber team in 2011 if they did a few things.

First off, they need new ownership.  Mike Brown is a terrible GM, as we all know, he only cares about winning. In my opinion, he does not deserve to be Paul Brown's son.  Since you cannot fire a GM, Mike needs to sell the Bengals, I mean if it's money he wants, set a high price and see if you can get enough to buy Mars or something. Then someone needs to come along and buy the Bengals, and completely change almost everything.

So say someone like me bought the Bengals, since, you know, I am a multi-millionaire.  Here is what I should do, and we'll pretend we still have all the same players and coaches as we do now.

Since Brad Bratkowski is gone, that is one thing off the check list.  But there is tons more.  I would fire Marvin Lewis, in-case you guys didn't know, he has more losing seasons than a hunter who does not have a gun.  It's terrible.  I would find a good head coach to come in and be the man.  I would find someone who has experience and knows how to win.  If I stayed in the NFL, I would go for Rex Ryan, I know he would be tough to get, but I would try my hardest.  I know he does not have much experience, but he knows how to win.

So, no that we have a new head coach, we'll go to the players.  I would get rid of Carson Palmer, maybe trade him.  If I can't get a good QB out of him, I would just release him.  I would try to get someone like Mike Vick, I know that wouldn't happen though, he wants to stay in Philly. So, since I couldn't get him I would try for the San Francisco 49ers QB, Troy Smith.  He was good at Ohio State (Go Bucks!), but has not shined in the NFL.  Why?  Because he has not had much playing time.  I would try to get him, let him start and he would get the hang of it.  He could put up numbers, and confuse defenses, as he can run like Forest Gump, well better, and throw very good passes.  He had his share of picks, but that is because he did not have the experience to grow, mentally, as a quarterback.

So, now that we have a QB, let's talk about WR's.  Chad Johnson Ochocinco Jo, yeah Johnson, needs to go.  He is nothing but a distraction.  He is more of a celebrity than he is a football player.  Dunno about you guys, but I want a football player to be on my football team, no a celeb.  And if I wanted a celebrity to be on my team, I would go after Justin Beiber, maybe then he would get knocked in the head and he would forget how to sing.  Anyways, get a good replacement like Pierre Garcon of the Colts, or Percy Harvin of the Vikes.  I think they would be good in Cincinnati.  And let's not forget about T.O., we can replace him with someone like Harvin or Garcon as well.  Then we still have Shipley, who will be a star one day, Andre Caldwell, who I think will be very good soon, Simpson, and we know what he can do when he gets his chances (remember that Colts game?), and a good TE in Gresham.  With all of those guys, we are a great WR team.

Now go to defense.  We have some good guys, like Peko, Ray Maualuga, Jonathan Joseph, Leon Hall, Ndukwe, etc.  Zimmer is a good d-coordinator, and if everyone stays healthy, we have a good defense.  We have the pieces, but we need to know how to use them.

In the draft, get a good pass rusher like Bowers, and a QB, put it all together and BAM!  We have ourselves a team boys!

Oh, and for the heck-of-it, let's get new uniforms to symbolize the new era of Bengals winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment